This week we’ve given the Community Portal a brand new look which will make it easier for you to navigate and change. The new look should make it easier to invite users, see what Communities you’re in and administer your Communities.
What have we changed?
On the Community Portal
- On the left hand side you’ll find a tree structure which shows all the Communities you’re in and what the hierarchical structure of those Communities is – very useful for the Admins of the parent Community.
- Moving over a Community will bring up an Invite button so you can quickly add others to the Community and a Create button so you can create a new child Community.
- On the right hand side you’ll see the number of members, Pages, Community Actions and an icon to show you have administration rights. If you have any administration tasks pending such as approving Community Invitations you’ll see a notification here.
- At the top of the Community Portal is a check box so you can see Communities you’re not yet a part of but have access to join if desired.
In the Community Admin Centre
- It now defaults you to the Members list as this is the main reason users come to this page.
- If you’re clicking between Communities we’ll make sure you’re defaulted to the last section of the Admin Centre you were on in the previous Community
Making inviting users easier
You suggested we switch around the Invite Users dialog box to put the users you want to invite first – it just makes the flow more logical. We’ve now done that so the next time you invite a user to a Community you should see a small difference.
If you have any suggestions like this whether they’re big or small, we’re always happy to take your feedback and make changes to the platform where necessary. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to share any suggestions you have.
We’re always interested in hearing from you with any comments or suggestions, feel free to get in touch.
- Join us for our next Sabisu User Group on 14th June 2018.
- Sign up to our newsletter: Sign Up Form
- You can always contact us at email@example.com
- For a How to Guide on any Features go to http://wiki.sabisu.co/
- Our contact web form is here
- Our LinkedIn group is always open for business
- Join our Beta Test Group: Find out how