This release sees us continue to work on the user experience. The following aren’t major architectural changes but users will notice some differences:
- Every widget now has a ‘cog’ icon, visible when you mouse-over the widget. This now contains the widget menu for refreshing, sharing, collaborating and so on.
- The border around the widgets has been narrowed to a single pixel to make the widgets feel a bit ‘lighter’.
- Following on from last week’s release where we introduced ‘hover-cards’ for Communities, we’ve done the same for users too; if a user is ‘@’ tagged, or shows in the ‘chat’ menu, you can hover over their names to see which public/protected communities they’re in or private communities they share with you.
We’ve also made the following minor changes:
- The ‘invite users to community’ dialog is a bit easier to use.
- We’ve resolved an issue where an unbroken text string entered into the Hub ‘share’ field caused an error.
- A slight delay has been added to hover-cards as they were a bit too eager to pop-up resulting in unnecessary screen clutter whilst trying to get around.