No major changes this week – we’re working on some for the next release which, unusually, will not be in a week’s time.
The next release will be the week after, on 28/11/2011. We’re merging in a new branch of code which means we need a little longer than usual to regression test.
Also we’ve been working on some items that help us to manage the platform but aren’t visible, e.g., database and web server monitoring dashboards.
- Amount of password retries now reset after successful login.
- Resolved an intermittent error where widgets appear within other widgets.
- Resolved an issue with direct invites into a community being lost when user registers.
- Resolved an issue where sharing a page occasionally resulted in a notification with no name.
- Resolved an issue where the page options cog doesn’t drop a menu on low (sub-1024 pixel wide) resolutions.
- Tightened up some of the controls around invalid sessions, particularly with reference to the on-premise/central hand-off.
- Resolved an issue where the Hub didn’t display user names on posts.
- Added a ‘Request’ option for private & protected communities to the Hub (use Find & Join community – new Request option is located in the community details).
- Shortcuts now have some explanatory text describing how users can drag them into community folders.
- Resolved an issue with the Datarepeater subcomponent which caused data to be obtained, returned but not rendered.
- Previously on the platform animations were used to present menus – they’ve been replaced with simple ‘show/hide’ code which is faster, more reliable and loads the browser less.